- You are here: Home > GSatTrack online tracking portal to support Iridium Extreme Satellite phone
You are here
GSatTrack online tracking portal to support Iridium Extreme Satellite phone
Global Satellite Engineering (GSE), a leading satellite engineering provider, is pleased to announce that GSatTrack.com, its online satellite and GSM tracking and mapping portal, which has been certified to support the new Iridium Extreme™ phone. GSatTrack.com enables organizations to merge together all types of tracking equipment, including the Iridium Extreme, into one easy to use multilingual platform.
The new Iridium Extreme satellite phone is the most rugged handset on the market, and is the smallest and lightest model from Iridium. It meets Military Standard 810F for durability and features the first dedicated, two-way emergency SOS button on a satellite phone. GSatTrack.com leverages Iridium Extreme’s fully integrated GPS and location-based technology, enabling organizations the ability to locate users anywhere on the surface of the planet.
“We developed GSatTrack.com specifically for use with the Iridium Extreme,” said Jeff Palmer, Director of Global Satellite Engineering. “All the features for the new handheld are compatible with our software platform, which enables organizations the ability to locate, monitor and track users, globally. GSatTrack.com is built on next-generation web applications, enabling faster response and greater interaction from the desktop.”
“Together with partners like Global Satellite Engineering, we’re introducing more than just a satellite phone,” said Joel Thompson, vice president, product management. “We’re putting the power of Iridium’s furthest reaching network into the hands of people and organizations everywhere – making it possible for them to locate, track and monitor their employees or loved ones from even the most remote locations around the globe.”
GSatTrack.com supports the following features for the Iridium Extreme:
- Assign devices to one or more groups and monitor the activity of multiple devices at the same time on the same map
- “Geofencing” to enable administrators to set user boundaries
- Display the history of any device or group of devices
- Inbound and outbound text messaging
- Push canned messages to the handset
- Message history
- Send email messages from the handset to an email recipient and to forward reply messages back to the handset
- SOS support generates a visual popup on the portal, sends Email, and/or SMS
- Push an emergency call recipient
- Remote ping
- Set GPS reporting frequency
- Request remote diagnostics such as battery status
About Global Satellite Engineering
Global Satellite Engineering (GSE) was established in 2004 to provide engineering solutions for the satellite industry. Over the years, GSE has built up a reputation second to none with solutions being deployed for the military, disaster recovery, marine and mining environments, with accreditation from the world’s satellite provider – Iridium. All GSE products are manufactured in the United States at their headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
For more technical information, please contact Jeff@gsat.us or call +1.954.459.4001