- You are here: Home > Chief Computer Hardware and Telecommunications Engineer
You are here
Chief Computer Hardware and Telecommunications Engineer
The Computer Hardware and Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day management of all the Projects and Department administrative, and engineering functions within the Company. In this role, you will be accountable for the leadership and development the Hardware and Telecommunications Engineering Team. The position is a hands-on role which involves the management of a particular on-going Project or Projects whilst overseeing and ensuring any other current company Projects are meeting the high standards required by the Company and Industry.
The role involves the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) or Engineering Design and Procurement in compliance with a related client or International Industry standards and practices. The role also involves corporate responsibilities which will include developing execution strategies, technical audits, preparation of quotations for bidding new projects and cold-eye reviews of other lead telecommunication engineer’s work.
What To Expect
You will be involved in a highly technical field with technology that is always evolving. The products and services that we develop are launched on a global scale to a variety of governments, militaries and private industries. You will be in a small business environment going through extreme growth with individuals who are passionate about what they do. Be prepared to learn new technologies as well as share your expertise to help grow our business. Scheduling is flexible and you will be required to successfully self-manage your time when not collaborating with other members of your team.
- O*NET: 15-1143.01
- NAICS: 517410- Satellite Telecommunications
- Category: EB-3
- Responsible for developing execution strategies, technical audits, preparation of quotations for bidding new projects and cold-eye reviews of other telecommunication engineer’s work.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Management to set the vision and strategic direction of the Electrical Systems Group.
- Assist with setting strategy, direction, coordination and planning for designated systems.
- Provide technical (and execution) support and governance to Projects.
- Coordinate closely with other engineering disciplines, for the design requirements for Projects, such as plot plan layouts, building service requirements and hardware requirements.
- Assist with evaluation of new products and services from vendors to determine applicability to hardware, software, and telecommunications systems.
- Technical interfaces with clients, other departments, suppliers/vendors and consultants.
- Provide technical direction and act as the technical focus for the Group, including project set-up, execution, close-out.
- Review, support and agree Telecommunication technical issues, and implement Group’s best practice on projects.
- Responsible for Telecommunication system design software including validation, training, and deployment on to Projects.
- Provide input to department budgets, proposals training plans and Group’s technical succession plan.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct telecommunication audits and technical reviews on projects.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field plus 12 months of experience in the job offered and 12 months of experience in installation and configuration of software and wireless technology.