Who We're Looking For
Global Satellite Engineering is an ever changing company operating in a fast paced industry. Individuals with an eager focus on growing sales or developing technologies for the maritime, aerospace, logistical, and military markets are the types of members GSE is looking to add to our team. Knowledge of these markets is highly crucial, and the ability to quickly adapt to the fast paced demands of B2B clients is highly recommended.
Global Satellite Engineering provides highly customized solutions and support on a B2B scale. Solutions are highly technical and the technology used is always evolving. Individuals with the ability to understand and disseminate such information is required.
- Be engaged in a robust and growing technological field while working with professionals from around the globe.
- Travel the world by going to international conferences, conventions and tradeshows.
- Get invested with a small company as it grows from the ground up and help shape it's future.
- Experience South Florida and it's city-scaped beaches year round.
- Prepare to be challenged on a daily basis with the chance to constantly learn something new and get exposure to advanced technologies.
- Have access to your own schedule and the freedom of self-management.
- Work with a wide variety of clients from an extensive list of markets and backgrounds.
- Plus there is a Starbucks on every corner (not literally, but close enough!)
Where We Work
Fort Lauderdale is located in the east-central portion of Broward County, Florida approximately 23 miles north of Miami and 42 miles south of Palm Beach. An advantageous economic climate is helping the City of Fort Lauderdale establish itself as a world-class international business center and one of the most desirable locations for new, expanding or relocating businesses. Once known strictly as a tourism-based economy, Fort Lauderdale now supports a diverse range of industries, including marine, manufacturing, finance, insurance, real estate, high technology, avionics/aerospace, film and television production.
Fort Lauderdale also offers an outstanding quality of life, highlighted by a semi-tropical climate, rich natural beauty and array of cultural, entertainment and educational amenities. Blessed with over 3,000 hours of sunshine each year and pleasant year-round ocean breezes, world-famous Fort Lauderdale Beach offers premier opportunities for recreation, relaxation and enjoyment. The picturesque Riverwalk serves as the cornerstone of the City's arts, science, cultural and historic district which features the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Museum of Discovery and Science, Museum of Art and Old Fort Lauderdale Village and Museum. Las Olas Boulevard has gained international acclaim as Fort Lauderdale's centerpiece of fashion, fine dining and entertainment. In addition, the City's downtown area is home to Broward Community College, Florida Atlantic University, Florida International University, the award-winning Broward County Main Library, federal, county and school district offices.
We are looking for a .Net developer to build software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework. You will collaborate with other members of the development team to create, modify and enhance new and existing software applications for a company that provides next-generation technology, engineering and communications over satellite and cellular networks. Participate in all phases of application lifecycle from inception and planning to deployment and ongoing maintenance. Coordinate with clients to offer support for software-related questions.
In this role, you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are also passionate about the .NET framework and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you.
What To Expect
You will be involved in a highly technical field with technology that is always evolving. The products and services that we develop are launched on a global scale to a variety of governments, militaries and private industries. You will be in a small business environment going through extreme growth with individuals who are passionate about what they do. Be prepared to learn new technologies as well as share your expertise to help grow our business. Scheduling is flexible and you will be required to successfully self-manage your time when not collaborating with other members of your team. Options are available for onsite or remote operations, however, expect to be involved in team discussions either through your physical presence or video conferencing.
Qualifications - Required: Must have the following technical expertise:
- Experience building database-driven dynamic web applications
- Excellent communications skills for working with coworkers and clients
- Organizational skills and self driven productivity
Qualifications - Optional: Experience with the following is a plus:
- Experience with ORM tools such as NHibernate or Entity Framework
- Experience with React, jQuery and/or Angular
- Experience with PostgreSQL
Education & Training
- Education requirements are based on experience and will be evaluated accordingly
The Computer Hardware and Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day management of all the Projects and Department administrative, and engineering functions within the Company. In this role, you will be accountable for the leadership and development the Hardware and Telecommunications Engineering Team. The position is a hands-on role which involves the management of a particular on-going Project or Projects whilst overseeing and ensuring any other current company Projects are meeting the high standards required by the Company and Industry.
The role involves the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) or Engineering Design and Procurement in compliance with a related client or International Industry standards and practices. The role also involves corporate responsibilities which will include developing execution strategies, technical audits, preparation of quotations for bidding new projects and cold-eye reviews of other lead telecommunication engineer’s work.
What To Expect
You will be involved in a highly technical field with technology that is always evolving. The products and services that we develop are launched on a global scale to a variety of governments, militaries and private industries. You will be in a small business environment going through extreme growth with individuals who are passionate about what they do. Be prepared to learn new technologies as well as share your expertise to help grow our business. Scheduling is flexible and you will be required to successfully self-manage your time when not collaborating with other members of your team.
- O*NET: 15-1143.01
- NAICS: 517410- Satellite Telecommunications
- Category: EB-3
- Responsible for developing execution strategies, technical audits, preparation of quotations for bidding new projects and cold-eye reviews of other telecommunication engineer’s work.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Management to set the vision and strategic direction of the Electrical Systems Group.
- Assist with setting strategy, direction, coordination and planning for designated systems.
- Provide technical (and execution) support and governance to Projects.
- Coordinate closely with other engineering disciplines, for the design requirements for Projects, such as plot plan layouts, building service requirements and hardware requirements.
- Assist with evaluation of new products and services from vendors to determine applicability to hardware, software, and telecommunications systems.
- Technical interfaces with clients, other departments, suppliers/vendors and consultants.
- Provide technical direction and act as the technical focus for the Group, including project set-up, execution, close-out.
- Review, support and agree Telecommunication technical issues, and implement Group’s best practice on projects.
- Responsible for Telecommunication system design software including validation, training, and deployment on to Projects.
- Provide input to department budgets, proposals training plans and Group’s technical succession plan.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct telecommunication audits and technical reviews on projects.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field plus 12 months of experience in the job offered and 12 months of experience in installation and configuration of software and wireless technology.