Digital Iridium Gateway
The MCG-109 is a fully digital interface to the Iridium network for managing voice, data, SMS, and SBD traffic.
The MCG-109 is a fully digital interface to the Iridium network for managing voice, data, SMS, and SBD traffic. Easily deploy just a few or lots of terminals on the same network, and centrally manage the entire network.
The unit plugs into any computer network and connects via IAX2 to a PBX for voice services, or via a virtual serial port for dial up data, SMS, or SBD services. Also, monitoring the system is easy with network diagnostic tools and desktop software. Integration of satellite technology is finally as simple as plug and play!
The MCG-109 is a business class digital Iridium network interface. The Iridium modem is exposed via Ethernet to the local network for control of voice, data, GPS, SBD, SMS, and tracking. The unit is either powered locally or POE and is the core technology that is embedded in various products including the Aurora and the MCG101. It is also the core of a multi-channel Iridium interface by connecting as many channels together as you need and interfacing it to a single digital PBX. These are commonly used for Iridium gateways and/or groundstation terminals, as well as backup communications for banking and disaster management solutions.
Built In Services
- IAX2 VOIP Protocol
- Virtual Serial Port
- GPS Broadcast via UDP
- LED status indication
- Status/Signal Monitor
- Telnet server
- DHCP client
- TFTP client
- 100% digital audio interface via Ethernet directly to the Iridium satellite network
- Power Over Ethernet power supply, fully 802.3af compliant
- Latest SiRf 4 GPS chipset
- Monitoring software you can run on any computer on the local network to monitor its status, including SIM card status, signal level, and current status
- Digital DTMF signaling
- Digital call status indication
- Provides accurate call records based on dialing, ringing, and answered states
- Network upgradable via TFTP